Good afternoon band family! Once again I want to congratulate you all on overcoming tremendous obstacle to put a very respectable performance on the field for a very early Crown Jewel! I’m so proud of the work you’ve done, and I’m excited for the work you will continue to do!
I would like to give a very special thank you to all the band parents and volunteers who accompanied us on Saturday. It was a long day, and you all were fantastic every step of the way! We truly cannot do what we do without you, and for that I am very appreciative!! Pslhs band parents are the BEST. Period.
Now that we have crown jewel in our rear view mirror, we will be moving full steam ahead to the SLC showcase on October 22nd, and Marching Music Performance Assessment on October 29th. The show is going to be phenomenal and I can’t wait to see it! Here is the news for this week.
- Marching rehearsals this Tuesday and Thursday will go back to ending at 5pm! We will likely keep rehearsals from 2:30-5pm for the remainder of the season, unless we have some more major weather concerns.
- Pass offs are due by Thursday! This is your chance to make sure you finish the quarter with the best grade possible. I’m here to help, so please don’t hesitate to ask.
- Based on the responses from the band, it seems a majority of you would rather have Friday off, so we will not be going to the football game. Don’t fret, we have another away game planned on November 4th! Also, we will be likely planning a fun optional band event Friday afternoon so stay tuned!!
- Marching Band Showcase is next Saturday, the 22nd!! It is at our home stadium. A detailed schedule will be published this week! Here is the link to purchase tickets!
Please make sure to only use this link if you’re purchasing! tickets are $5 each, children under the age of 5 are free.
- Marching Band MPA is on October 29th! Our band is performing at 4:40pm. A detailed for this event will be published at the beginning of next week, which will include instructions on how students can go to the homecoming dance if they choose.
That’s it for now! Thanks for everything band! After marching season there will be plenty of other exciting things to do and talk about, stay tuned! Please reach out with any questions.