Good evening band family! Thanks for your efforts today at the MLK parade, but you guys pushed through and did well! My apologies for being late on the news this week. I’ve been quite busy with everything going on, so I appreciate you all being patient with me! Here’s what to expect this week.
- Pit, just look at the calendar. It’s a lot. Shows start tomorrow!
- Tuesday is symphonic band from 2:15-4:00pm and winterguard 2:30-5:00pm.
- Wednesday there will be no solo and ensemble help session due to early release. However, there will be percussion rehearsal from 3:00-5:30pm.
- Thursday is jazz band from 2:15-4:00pm.
- Friday, winterguard 2:30-5:00pm.
- Saturday is a big day. We will have our piano accompanist for S&E in from 9:00am-1:30pm. A sign up sheet will be posted for all those who are playing an accompanied solo at S&E next week. You will need your music by Saturday! Also, winterguard will have practice from 1-6pm!
- Please remember to pay your Atlanta trip payments and band fees!
Good evening band family! Hope you had a nice weekend! Here is the news for this week!
- There will be Pit Orchestra rehearsal Monday- Thursday from 5:30-10:00pm. Please be there by 5:00pm on Monday to help set up the pit in auditorium.
- Four county is this week! All rehearsals will be at IRSC in fort pierce on Virginia avenue. Students are responsible for their own transportation to all rehearsals and attendance is required if you are participating. Students also must have their own stand at rehearsals (let me know if you need to borrow one.) Also, you may bring lunch on Friday or money for lunch. Here are ALL the dates to know:
- Monday and Tuesday, 6:00-8:30pm: jazz rehearsal
- Thursday, 6:00-8:30pm: concert band rehearsals
- Friday, 10am- 6:00pm: concert band rehearsals
- Saturday, 12:00pm-3:00pm: concert band rehearsals
- Saturday, 4:30pm: 4 county concerts begin (refer to
band calendar for specific start times for each
-Symphonic band will rehearse on Tuesday from 2:15-4:00pm. Attendance required for a grade.
- Winter guard will practice on Tuesday and Friday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- There will be a solo and ensemble help session if needed on Wednesday from 2-3pm.
- Jazz band rehearses on Thursday 2:15-4:00pm.
- pit orchestra will rehearse on Saturday from 12-6pm and Sunday from 1-7pm.
- The MLK parade is January 20th! Call time will be 7:30am in the band room. Full marching uniform.
- PLEASE remember to make band trip payments! At this time, the balance to be caught up is $350 per person! Thanks for staying on top of this! It will be a great trip for the kids!
- Please remember to continue paying band fees. They are past due.
Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!
Hello band family! I hope that you have all had a wonderful holiday and a happy New Year! I can’t wait to get back to school for our next semester! There are a lot of cool things coming up! Below you will find what to expect for this week as we return!
- Monday - pit rehearsal 6-9pm. Four county jazz band rehearsal at IRSC in fort pierce 6-8:30pm.
- Tuesday- symphonic band rehearsal 2:15-4:00pm. Winterguard practice 2:30-5:00pm. This is also the due date for the next Atlanta band trip payment. This is a $50 per person payment. Please stay up to date on band trip payments! Remember that these payments are non refundable. That’s what the commitment payment was for! Thanks and I can’t wait for this trip!
- Wednesday - solo and ensemble help session 2:00-3:00pm. Pit rehearsal 6:00-9:00pm.
- Thursday - jazz band rehearsal 2:15-4:00pm.
- Friday - Winter guard 2:15-5:00pm.
- Thank you all! Please refer to the calendar for everything band related! January is a busy month!
Hello band family. Congratulations on a great performance at the Festival of Lights parade on Saturday! You were a real hit. Also, congratulations to our three tristate participants on representing pslhs well this weekend!
It’s our winter concert week, so please read for all information!
- Monday is percussion rehearsal 3:00-5:30pm. Winterguard 2:30-5:00pm
- Tuesday is symphonic band rehearsal from 2:15-4:00pm.
- Wednesday is full band and guard dress rehearsal from 2:00pm-5:30pm. All required to attend
- Thursday is the concert! Call time is 6pm for all members! The doors open at 6:30 and the show starts at 7pm! Tickets are only $5 a piece!
- Please remember to be up to date on all band fees and band trip payments before we leave for break!
- Remember to sign up for the gift wrap booth! Parents are ALWAYS needed! Thanks!
Hello all! Here is the schedule for Saturday’s Festival of Lights parade! Please remember, leave your instrument by the freezer if it needs to be loaded on the band trailer before you leave school tomorrow! Take your instrument home and bring them with you if you can! We will meet at the Civic Center on Walton road in full uniform, including marching shoes! Holiday hats and instrument decorating are encouraged! BRING YOUR MUSIC!
- 4:45pm call time: near the Bealls Outlet/unload instruments
- 5:10pm: transition to warm up in field
-5:45pm: line up
-6:00pm: parade steps off
-6:30pm: end of parade/load up.
PS: the call time for students for the winter concert next Thursday is 6:00pm. Concert starts at 7:00pm.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Hello all! Here is the news for this week! Only three more weeks until the first half of the year is done! We can do this!
- Atlanta band trip payment #4 is due tomorrow! This is $100 per person and will put everyone’s balance to $300. Please pay in a timely fashion! None of the payments are refundable, so if you’ve already pay some, keep going!
- Winterguard has practice on Monday and Thursday of this week from 2:30-5:00pm.
- Symphonic band has rehearsal on Tuesday from 2::15-4:00pm! Please be in a attendance! Only two more full band rehearsals until the winter concert!
- Pit rehearsal Tuesday night from 6-8pm.
- Four county honor band fees of $25 a person are due NO LATER than Wednesday! If you don’t pay, you can not participate in the honor band!
- I will be out of school Thursday and Friday due to the Tristate band festival.
- Saturday is the Festival of Lights parade at the psl civic center! This will be very similar to the bass pro parade. Details will be posted either tomorrow or Tuesday.
- Our winter concert is NEXT Thursday on December 12th! Tickets will be $5 a person! It will be a magical evening of music making! Tell all your friends and family! You won’t want to miss this opportunity to hear LIVE music!
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Good afternoon band family! I hope you are all having a great start to your thanksgiving break! Remember to enjoy time with the ones you love and relax! You've all earned it after a superior marching season!
Below you will find the link to sign up for Gift Wrap Booth Shifts. On the document, you will be able to navigate the days and shifts throughout the month of December. Its easy, just click the day you're able to work, find a shift that works for you (times listed) and type your name next to a number slot! There are 2 adults and 4 students per shift! Please keep in mind, every shift that has students signed up MUST have approved St. Lucie County Volunteers signed up as well.
I am able to monitor all activity on this document at all times. Please only sign up for shifts if you KNOW you can work them. Do not sign up, and then erase last minute, because I will be notified. Do NOT erase other people's names to write your own. This will result in disciplinary action. Remember that all students must work at least two shifts, and a maximum of 5 shifts.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Hello all! I hope you’re enjoying the cooler weather as we move closer to holiday season! Thanks again for a wonderful outing at the Santa’s wonderland parade! Here is what to expect in the weeks coming up!
- There are three winter guard clinic dates, on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this week! All from 2:30-5:00pm! If you plan on participating in winter guard, please come to these! Guard fundamentals will be taught for all, especially for the band students interested in trying out! Dress in athletic clothing and tennis shoes!
-Symphonic band rehearsal will be on Tuesday from 2:15-4:00pm! We will be covering all the music for the winter concert with the full band, please plan on being in attendance. All rehearsals are for a grade.
- There will be pit rehearsal on Tuesday from 6-8pm.
- Wednesday night we will have our annual gift wrapping lesson! Come on out from 6-7pm if you’re interested in learning how to wrap presents like a pro!!
- I will be absent on Thursday and Friday of this week due to a sinus surgery. Classes will be happening as normal, being lead by the leadership.
- When we return from thanksgiving break, there are a few important deadlines to observe.
1. Atlanta band trip payment #4 is due, $100 per person. This will put everyone’s balance up to $300 to be caught up.
2. Four county honor band $25 fee due. This is for students who were selected to participate in the honor band in January at IRSC. Please be prepared to pay this fee in a timely fashion as we have to submit the full payment to IRSC shortly after.
- The Festival of Lights parade at the civic center is December 7th at 5pm!
-Our winter concert is December 12th! Tickets will be $5 a person. Children under 5 free.
Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!
Hello all, here is the schedule for this Saturday's Parade at Bass Pro Shops (2250 SW Gatlin Blvd, Port St. Lucie, FL 34953). We have been asked to lead the parade for the arrival of Santa Clause for their annual "Santa's Wonderland" that lasts all the way until Christmas. This is a large community event that usually brings in a large crowd! Students will wear their marching uniform (no hats or gloves). Holiday themed hats and decorating your instrument is encouraged.
3:30pm: Jazz Band Call time (meet at the trailer in front of the store)
4:00pm: Rest of band call time ( Meet behind the store) I will be there to show you where to go.
4:15pm: Jazz band plays
4:50pm: Jazz Band ends and goes to meet the rest of the band.
5:00pm: Parade steps off
5:30pm: Parade ends/load trailer. Students will be dismissed after the trailer is loaded.
Hello all! Below you will find the results for four county honor band! There is a $25 honor band fee per student that will be due by December 2nd. This is required by IRSC, not pslhs. Please remember, if you turned a form for nomination, you were committing yourself to participating. If you back out, you will be keeping someone else from going because you were nominated over them. Thanks for understanding.
9th and 10th grade band:
11th and 12th grade band: